Could you be a volunteer mentor for Kids Inspire?
Being a Kids Inspire Mentor is one of the most enjoyable and fulfilling things you will ever do. You can help to shape a young person’s future for the better, by supporting them and empowering them to achieve. You also have the opportunity for lots of fun and to share the kind of activities that you already like to do.
A volunteer mentor is a ‘professional friend’ who guides a young person by building trust and modelling positive behaviours in a fun and caring environment. An adult acting as a mentor gives a young person a safe place to discuss any issues they may be experiencing and will help them to access new experiences, have fun, explore new interests and develop new life skills. This relationship can help build self-confidence and resilience, improving emotional wellbeing.
You will meet with your mentee regularly at a pre-arranged time.
Young individuals are referred to us by schools, healthcare professionals and parents across Mid Essex.
Volunteer Mentor: Role Summary
Your objectives will be to build a trusting and reliable relationship with a young person. You will be a positive role model for your mentee: guiding, encouraging, motivating and listening to the individual you support. You will also be someone with whom the young person can have fun.
Flexible hours with duration of commitment to be agreed. Location: Various with meetings/training to be held at: Kids Inspire Head Office, Fox Crescent, Chelmsford, CM1 2BN.
- To meet with your mentee on a regular basis at the agreed time
- To complete and return a mentee meeting record no later than two days after every meeting with your mentee
We are looking for people who are:
- Prepared to commit to being a mentor for an agreed period of up to 1 year
- Prepared to attend a supervision session per academic half-term with your appointed supervisor (or more if deemed appropriate by you and your supervisor)
- Empathetic when working with young people
- Able to stay calm in difficult situations
- Well-organised, reliable and punctual
- Flexible in your approach when working with a young person and their family
- Friendly and outgoing
- Able to act appropriately and in-line with child protection protocols and car usage policies
We can offer you:
- Supervision with a trained supervisor. These sessions will be held at Kids Inspire and will take place in the morning or evening to accommodate all mentors
- Training in mentoring and child protection policy and protocol
- Clinical supervision and administrative support in your mentoring relationship with Kids Inspire Additional Information
- You will meet with the Volunteer Manager and the Coaching and Mentoring Co-ordinator for this role
- We will require two references and an enhanced DBS check
- You will be required to undertake online Child Protection training
- You will receive relevant training for the role
- You will be required to adhere to Kids Inspire’s current policies and procedures.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer mentor, we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch via email (email@example.com) or telephone (01245348707).