To celebrate, we thought we would share 13 positive things that have come from our response to COVID-19
***If you can, please help with our special birthday challenge… Donations to fund 13 therapy sessions. Target £585 ***
- ‘Talk Together’ launched 🖥 – Therapy shifted online throughout lockdown and is to remain as part of a hybrid approach to service delivery
- Children adapting 🧖♀️- some children adapted positively to online therapy and even taught our therapists a few things!
- Brave young people 👧🧒- some of our young beneficiaries shared their mental health journey as part of our involvement in Global’s Make Some Noise fundraising campaign
Brave young people
- Online lunch clubs 👩🎤 – Lunch club shifted online this summer and thanks to tremendous volunteer support hundreds of lunches (and superhero craft activities) were delivered to children across the summer
Online Lunch Clubs
- Virtual fundraising 🏅 – Our supporters have well and truly risen to the challenge of virtual
- and online fundraising! 2.6 Challenge, Quizzes and more are helping to fill the gap from our usual fundraising events
- Online Mentoring 💻 – Mentoring has continued online throughout recent months, and for some has been a source of much needed welcome support
- Volunteer ‘Response Team’ – following an appeal to specialist professionals a volunteer response team formed and have since delivered hundreds of volunteer hours to children, young people and families in need of emotional support
Volunteer response team
- New commissioned partnership – A bittersweet partnership that on one hand, sadly, reflects the ‘need’ for more mental health support for children and young people, and on the other hand reflects that outcomes from our team are positive
New commissioned partnership
- ‘A Week of Wellbeing’💙 – For 2020, WOW went online!
Week of Wellbeing
- Treasure bags 🎨 – We asked for your donations to help fill bags of craft, art and games to support children to access online therapy. Donations came flooding in – thank you all 💕
- Sing My Own Song 🎵 – a community engagement project due to launch pre-COVID is soon to launching online… watch this space!
Sing my own song
- Going national 👩💻 – Again, bittersweet, as it’s sad that we are needed, but it is positive that, together with our benefactors, we have shared stories on ITV News, LBC FM, LBC News FM, Heart FM and other broadcast channels
- QAVS 🏆 – Volunteers received the MBE for volunteering (not COVID related, but something positive to shout about none the less!)