Kids Inspire supports young people across Essex who are at an educational, social and/or economic disadvantage, for example, they might be experiencing relationship abuse, anxiety or be subject to bullying. The Charity mainly supportsthose recovering from trauma and/or dealing with emerging mental health issues.
Many young people are referred to Kids Inspire because other agencies consider them to be ‘too complex’ to help. Kids Inspire is capable of dealing with the most complex of cases and does not turn people away. The Charity has assisted Social Care in closing hundreds of cases.
Kids Inspire provides disadvantaged young people, their parents and young carers (siblings) with bespoke service packages consisting of:
- Individual therapy (e.g. clinically proven counselling, Arts Psychotherapy, complementary therapies and talking therapy). This service accounts for 60% of provision
- Coaching (support to improve emotional health and mental well being)
- Mentoring (support and guidance on a one-to-one basis, provided by trained volunteers)
- Group work (e.g. Kids Who Lunch Club during the school holidays for children entitled to free school meals; Dramatherapy and Filmmaking)
- A lunch club once a week in school holidays, for children who might otherwise miss out on a good meal.
- The GROW project, supporting primary age children.
- Our Christmas Appeal, delivering Christmas presents and food hampers to over 300 families, giving children back the christmas they deserve.